Monday, July 21, 2014

The one movie with the apes on the horses with machine guns

“ That one movie with the apes on the horses with machine guns” - Hannah

Yes , I know this is not one of my better quotes but it happened none the less. The Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is the longest title known to man so please forgive me if I couldn’t remember the eight word title. 

I was forced to see it last friday as a birthday present to one of my friends. Naturally it was his idea and of course he wasn’t down to see The Fault in Our Stars… again.. 

So as I sit in the massive theatre with the Dolby sound system , that costs like 4 dollars more but it totally worth it in my opinion, I’ll tell you why later , I contemplate how the hell I am going to keep my mind preoccupied during this film that I honestly have no desire to see.  I decided to give it a chance because if anyone can play a wild ape named Cesar it’s Andy Serkis(dude who plays Gollum). 

Turns out that I actually quite liked this film… ALOT. It wasn’t based on romance, it had romantic undertones but seriously what movie doesn’t anymore. It was a really political movie if i’ve ever seen one. Also very balanced and symmetrical, you'd understand if you watched it. It was shot really well considering 90% of it was CGI and monkeys. There was one point in the movie where it literally sounded like an ape was breathing on my shoulder, freaked me out (damn that dolby system).  Cesar was awesome as usual , minus the ever so good looking James Franco. There was an orangutang called Maurice who could have been from Colorado he was so chill. 

This is the chillest ape i've ever seen and i wish we were friends


tl;dr -  It was a good movie.. go see it now.

As a person expecting absolutely nothing from this movie, it was fantastic. I highly recommend seeing it if you haven’t already for it is genuinely a good film.

No comments:

Post a Comment