Friday, July 25, 2014

Take me away


Level of Crunch – 10/10
Amount of replays- uncountable
Rating – hella

Occasionally there is a song that just hits so close to home and this is absolutely one of them. This song has become much more than just a sick beat and some crunchy tunes. The lyrics sing a song that was my life a little over a year ago.  I have yet to find a song to perfectly match that time in my life until now. The connection to this song is so deeply rooted inside of me I honestly don’t think I’ll ever get over this song. 

The first time you listen to it I am sure that you think it’s about some sort of drug like ecstasy, which I don’t condone.  But, if actually sit down and listen to the lyrics Troye is singing about loneliness , just existing and not feeling anything , and having to use prescribed medication to get that ounce of happiness that eventually just ends up numbing you to everything.

This song is truly about the struggle of depression and the thing people do to try to mute the sadness inside of themselves. This song hurts in such a good way and I am so happy that this song is doing so well.
Troye’s EP drops on August 15th and I highly suggest getting it.

Right now that I’m done being emosh back to your daily routine

-Hannah 

p.s. this is the first time i've ever really publicly talked about anything like this soooo .... keep the chill 

No comments:

Post a Comment