Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Music : bringing people together since ... forever

Music is a rather important feature in my life, besides movies of course. I listen to more music than I watch TV , I don’t even have cable anymore. But i’ve always found it so fascinating that a particular song can take you back to a time and place in your life whether it be a wild night from spring break , a heart break, or a crowd of people at a club all singing the same song.

I guess I am making a music diary, is that a thing? If it’s not I am going to make it a thing. Below are just a few songs that I’ve been addicted to this past month, plus a few oldies. ( there are a couple of songs that I couldn’t find on 8Tracks so I’ll just add them below this playlist.)


My current favorite jam is – Happy Little Pill ( By TroyeSivan)

1       Money Trees by Kendrick Lamar
a.       Why you ask? Because yeh bish
2       Habits – Tove Lo Chainsmokers edit
a.       To be honest I like this mostly because the beat.
3       Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
a.       This is of my favorite songs by Ed currently. This particular song is off his new album “X” and I highly suggest taking a listen
4       Tenerife Sea – Ed Sheeran
a.       Also a favorite off his new album , although the quality on 8Tracks is poor , Youtube it I promise that you won’t be disappointed.
5       Come Get it Bae – Pharrel
a.       This song I actually listened to the first time on the radio and it made me involuntarily dance in my car.
6       Earthquake – DJ Fresh , Diplo and Dominique Young
a.       I first heard Earthquake at XS , a club in vegas. This song was playing whilst my best friend and I were first entering the club and it was a very surreal moment.  Also , a fantastic song to play as loud as your ears can handle.
7       Sweet Victory – IDK
a.       You know why.
8       Delirious – Steve Aoki
a.       Yet another song I heard for the first time at XS. No words can describe that night but I believe that this song does that night justice… That whole weekend actually
9     I love it- Icona Pop and Charli XCX –
a.       When you hear well over 500 people shouting I don’t care… I love it as loud as they can… just does something to yeh I guess.
10   Happy Little Pill – Troye Sivan
a.       Well I am quite addicted to watching people on youtube, and Troye was a channel I have been subscribed to for quite a long time actually. About two weeks ago he announced that he was going to drop his debut album called “ Trxye” and I was so excited. This is his first single from it and I cannot stop mashing the replay button. What really draws me to this song though is the lyrics. ( this song isn’t on the 8Tracks list but it is available to listen to on sound cloud I highly suggest you go take a listen)


No comments:

Post a Comment