Friday, July 25, 2014

Review : The Scary Movie that Surprised Me.

Deliver Us From Evil

Rated : R
Run time : 101 minutes
Rating 2.5 out of 5
So going into this movie I was expecting a supernatural horror. From the weird hooting owl rolling across the floor in the commercial , I’m assuming that’s something that you’d also expect , Right? WRONG! This movie is about a possession. WHO THE FLIP WOULD HAVE GUESSED THAT FROM THE COMMERCIAL. Granted there was a priest in the commercial but I honestly did not get any sort of religious connotation from the commercial. Loads of scary movies add priests because they assume that the horror in their house is cause from some sort of evil presence and the priest is like “nah man, y’all are screwed” and he usually leaves as fast as his character is introduced.(source : see ever paranormal activity movie) I ASSUMED THE SAME FROM THIS MOVIE BUT I WAS VERY WRONG.

This movie had loads more of religious point of view than it did super natural. Overall the movie wasn't that bad, but it surprised me which was good.[Spoiler] The characters were rather weak , along with the overall plot. I mean honestly, soldiers go into a cave in Iraq and get posessed. I think I held my breath for the entirety of the last scene. There were some scary scenes but nothing too traumatizing. I slept well after the movie if that matters to you or not.

Tl;dr – Movie was Okay, wouldn't see it again but wasn't a horrid first watch either. Also , the priest looked like Jon Snow.

p.s. after looking at the movie poster it has crosses and stuff on it. Okay maybe it was meant to be religious but I totally didn't get that from the trailer. So , I blame the editor of the trailer for that.


-Hannah 

P.S.S. Also , i have no idea when i will have time to go to the movies again. :( I am in the middle of packing my life up right now and preparing for my move to Denver. But not to worry , more reviews on the way I'm sure. If anyone reads these. 

No comments:

Post a Comment