Tuesday, January 28, 2014

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwats School of Witchcraft and Wizardry-

  I have such an inner struggle with this. I grew up with Harry Potter and company, went on the adventures with them , experienced heart break ( I still have problems with the fact JK killed Sirius ) and triumph.

As the days approached my 11th birthday, I started getting nervous and excited for the letter I was sure that I was to receive. My birthday had come and passed and I experienced heart break, much like many other children around the world. But now that I have grown up a bit and actually realized that unfortunately Hogwarts is only a place I can visit in my imagination and Disney World, I got to thinking about the concept of Hogwarts , witchcraft , monsters and magic. To be entirely honest , I have no idea if I could handle it. Let me explain .

Right , so I grew up with the internet.  Literally. The first website was created on the sixth of august in 1991. So the internet is older than me by three weeks.  So there was never a time while I was alive that the internet wasn’t available. By the time I got to elementary school we were learning how to use the world wide web and all of  that jazz. THE POINT , im trying to get to is that I don’t think I would have a clue how the heck to function without technology. My tooth bush is electric for crying out loud!!

Oh , you want to text your friend? No cell phones.

Oh you need to email your family?  Wrong , you’re going to use an owl to communicate.

Although, it would be pretty rad to have the great hall. Such good food and you don’t have to cook.  Honestly, all these kids stating how they want to go to Hogwarts, they’d need therapy after a week. I know I would! 

No comments:

Post a Comment