Wednesday, February 5, 2014

FITBIT vs Jawbone UP

FITBIT Mobile app
So , I was an up user for a little under a year. I bought it after a friend had told me Jawbone UP was infinitely better than the Nike Fuel band because of the sleep monitoring tool. The whole sleep thing was the selling factor for me. I had often felt like i didn’t get much sleep , and this showed me how often I would wake up during the night. Which for whatever reason was really cool. I think it might have been because I like statistics and numbers. UP gave me that exactly.

September rolls around and i’ve had my up for 8 months or so, and we had been on load of adventures , St.Patricks day , traveling to DC *twice* , 22 hour road trip, graduation. It was safe to say that i was a very dedicated UP user. Up until mid september when my UP band entirely stopped charging for no reason whatsoever.  I left it on the charger for a solid 4-5 hours and right as i took it off it wouldn’t turn on. I’ve even hit a hard reset and did all that jazz. So I stopped using it entirely.

My family knows how important being active and my health is to me, so they bought me a FITBIT for christmas. I was stoked , not only did it record all the same things as the UP band did , but it also displayed it to me on a cute little screen on the actual band! It even sends the information to your phone using bluetooth instead of having to take it off and plug it into your phone like the UP band.
UP by Jawbone

SO COOL. I am obsessed with these active bands but what made me geek out over FITBIT rather than UP was the design of the mobile app associated with FITBIT. FITBIT just has an overall smoother interface to use and gives me the information upfront instead of me clicking around searching for it. This appeals to me because I am lazy in the sense that I don’t wanna waste time clicking through things, I would rather just see it right away.

Overall, the FITBIT band itself is better fitting , better looking and it has a digital display. FITBIT is the better option for both usability and mobile application. I highly suggest you get the FITBIT :)
Change your life one step at a time

No comments:

Post a Comment